Find a New Zealand tour
- City Experiences (6)
- Articles of Interest (6)
- The Best of New Zealand (6)
- Luxury New Zealand (3)
- South Island Touring (9)
- North Island Touring (9)
- Essential Info (9)
- Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth (6)
- Cultural Experiences (3)
- Scenic Trains, Flights & Tours (3)
- Adventure Travel (6)
- Walking, Hiking & Biking (6)
- Family Holidays (9)
- Things to Do (9)
- National Parks & Wildlife (9)
- Food & Wine Experiences (6)
Immigration requirements for visitors to New Zealand
The information below is a basic snapshot of the immigration requirements for entering New Zealand.
Please note, we cannot advise you on any specific individual prerequisites.
For any further information or questions we recommend you check the Immigration New Zealand website.
All visitors to New Zealand must have a passport that is valid for at least three months after departure from New Zealand if your country does not have consular representation in New Zealand or one month after departure if it does.
You will only need to apply for a visitor visa if you are not from a visa waiver country then please refer to the Immigration New Zealand website for more information.
Visa Exemptions - Note: A visa is NOT the same as a passport
You do not need a visa or permit to visit New Zealand if you are:
- A New Zealand citizen or Resident Permit holder
- An Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport
- An Australian resident with a current Australian resident return visa
- If you are a citizen of a country which has a visa waiver agreement with New Zealand
No vaccinations are required to enter New Zealand.
Please refer to the Immigration New Zealand website for more information.