A Guide to New Zealand Passports & Visas Requirements Visitors
We strongly advise that you check Immigration New Zealand's latest information on visa requirements for visiting New Zealand as we cannot advise you on immigration matters. But we have put together some information that you may find useful in your trip planning here.
All visitors to New Zealand must have a passport that is valid for at least three months after departure from New Zealand if your country does not have consular representation in New Zealand or one month after departure if it does.
You will only need to apply for a visitor visa if you are not from a visa waiver country then please refer to the Immigration New Zealand website for more information.
You do not need a visa or permit to visit New Zealand if you are:
- A New Zealand citizen or Resident Permit holder
- An Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport
- An Australian resident with a current Australian resident return visa
- If you are a citizen of a country which has a visa waiver agreement with New Zealand
Travellers from more than 50 countries do not require a Visitor's Visa for stays less than three months. You do require:
- A passport that is valid for at least three months after your departure from New Zealand
- An onward or return ticket to a country that you have permission to enter
- Sufficient money to support yourself during your stay – approximately NZ$1000 per month per person
To find out if your country qualifies for a visa waiver, check out the Visiting New Zealand section of the New Zealand Immigration Service website. You'll find a list of all eligible countries and other useful visa information. Your travel agent, airline or nearest New Zealand Embassy will also be able to advise you if you require a visa.
Visitor's Visa Applications
If your country is not on the visa waiver list or you wish to stay longer than three months you will need to apply for a Visitor's Visa. You can download application forms from the New Zealand Immigration Service Web site, or contact your nearest New Zealand Embassy.
No vaccinations are required to enter New Zealand.
Further InformationPlease refer to the Immigration New Zealand website for more information.
Categories: Things you need to know
- Last updated on: 21 February 2017